Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

37th Milo Marathon Cagayan de Oro: We Made it Through the Rain!

(Photo from Circle Productions Inc and Studio 8)

For this year's 37th National Milo Marathon in Cagayan de Oro, I set aside my goal of setting a 21K PR. Instead I focus on helping my running buddy (a.k.a. as my wife) Malou make it to the finisher's medal cut-off time of 2 hours and 30 minutes. 

To make it safely to the cut-off, I set a target pace of 7 minutes/kilometer. While Malou could easily hit this pace in 5Ks and 10ks, we still have to find out if she can maintain it for 21 kilometers. To make it more manageable, I told her to mentally divide the half-mary distance into four parts: 5K, 10.5K, 16K and finally the finish line. Our target is to reach 5K in 35 minutes, the turning point in 1:13:30, 16K in 1:52  and the finish line in 2:27, or three minutes before the cut-off time. But as always, due to family and work obligations, we find it hard to train consistently.

(Read the whole story published in Aktib.ph HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment