Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

High Altitude Running in Dahilayan


Dahilayan Adventure Park is undoubtedly Bukidnon's most famous tourist destination. The park, located in Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, is famous for its 840-meter dual zip line, cool weather, scenic mountain view and a variety of fun rides perfectly suited for thrill-seeking tourists. When our company held its Wellness Program and Christmas Party in Dahilayan last month, it gave me the rare opportunity to not only stay overnight inside the park for free but also to run on its beautiful trail.

I actually ran not only once but twice during our one day stay in Dahilayan. We had our 3K Fun Run early in the morning where I placed fourth. Unfortunately, the prizes are good only for the top 3 finishers (hahaha!). 

We had some free time in the afternoon and Edgar, an elite runner from our Davao branch, invited me to run the longer route. So I changed to my running gears again and we started running right outside the Forest Park hotel where we stayed. 


The paved road ended a few hundred meters outside the park just as we are about to ascend the long uphill. Dahilayan sits at the foot of Mount Kitanglad and at 4,700 feet above sea level, the air is naturally thin. I was breathing hard and quick so I have to stop running and just walk for most of the uphill part. 


It got better when reached flatter grounds and we continued running along the ATV and Buggy Ride trail. The scenery of pine trees and distant mountains was really beautiful I have to stop a few times to take snapshots using my Cherry Mobile Flare. 



After the downhill part, we went up again until we reached the Luge Start Zone. 


What followed next was a descent along the scenic Luge track.




When we reached the ground below, we made another hard uphill climb on a dirt road until we reached the hotel where we started. The total distance we ran was aroundt 4 kilometers and because of the tough hills, we finished it in about 30 minutes. 

My officemates Papo, Eddie and Roy were waiting for us when we arrived in the hotel entrance. They told us that they too, are going to run the route. So Edgar and I joined them and made the round again.

No comments:

Post a Comment