Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Lim Ket Kai Freedom Run: My First 21K for 2012


After more than 5 months into 2012, I am finally back to joining a half-marathon (21K) race. I've recently signed up for this Sunday's Lim Ket Kai Freedom Run 2012 in Cagayan de Oro City. Hard to believe but this will only be my sixth official race this year. Unlike last last year, there have been fewer races in Malaybalay and Cagayan de Oro this 2012 and some of them I missed due to conflicts with my other schedules (such as work, travel, etc.). 



This Sunday, I will try to improve my previous 21K best time of 2:13:30 which I achieved in last year's Run United Regional Series also in Cagayan de Oro. The Freedom Run's half-marathon route is basically the same as last year's Run United though I am hard-pressed to hit my target as I missed one long run weekend (where I am supposed to run the longest) due to my recent travel to Zambales. Still, as always, I will try my darn best to improve my time and bring it down to, say, 2:10 or below. Nah, a sub-2 21K, I believe, is still unattainable for me. So I won't dare make it as my target finish or I will BURN OUT trying (hahaha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment