Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Run United Cagayan de Oro: 2 Days to Go



The Run United Cagayan de Oro Leg will be held on November 27, 2011 or only two days from now. I sure am excited to join this run for three reasons: 

1. I've read so much rave about this run series organized by Rio Dela Cruz and Unilab. Based on comments from previous legs held in other parts of the country, the race is well-organized and some even called it "world class". 

2. Lots of freebies. Two weeks ago, my wife and I were in Lim Ket Kai Mall Cagayan de Oro and we passed by Planet Sports. Displayed on the Run United registration area is a bag full of goodies intended for giveaways to finishers in all categories. The lady attendant showed me the contents of the bag and I was really impressed: baseball cap, water bottle, powdered milk and lots of supplements. Since I will be joining the 21K run, I will also receive a finisher's medal and a finisher's shirt (aside from the race singlet given when I registered) once I reached the finish line intact (hahahaa!). In this run, I'm sure I will get more than my 500-peso registration fee.

3. This will be my "Anniversary Run". I will be celebrating my first year of running with a 21K run in this event. The very first organized run I joined was the 34th Milo Marathon one year ago (November 28, 2010 to be exact) where I ran 5K. It's been a long and fun-filled journey ever since and the staging of Run United in Cagayan de Oro this coming Sunday is simply perfect timing for me to celebrate this personal milestone.

I will aim to improve my best 21K finish of 2 hours and 17 minutes which I did during the 35th National Milo Marathon in Cagayan de Oro last October 16, 2011. I also consider this run as part of my training for the bigger run which I am currently preparing for: the 2012 Cebu Marathon on January where I will be going for the full marathon (42K) for the very first time.

Good luck to all runners who will be joining the Run United Cagayan de Oro Leg two days from now. I wish all of us a strong and safe run. See you all at the starting line!

No comments:

Post a Comment