Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dole Fun Run 2011 (Malaybalay City)

 The Pulaguy Blogger leading the pack? Hahahaha!  (Photo from Arnel Quirino)

To celebrate its 43rd years in business, Dole Stanfilco held a fun run last November 19, 2011 in Malaybalay City. There are only two categories, 3K and 5K. The event was lively and fairly well-organized. A live band entertained the participants and giveaways such as fresh Dole bananas, canned juice, mixed fruits, bread and water were given to the finishers.

I joined the 5K run with starting line at the back of the Capitol Stage. From the starting line, the route went to to the old Provincial Hospital site, Carbajal Street, Fortich Street, Barangay Sumpong, Santa Cruz Street, Magsaysay Street, Bonifacio Drive and back to the Capitol Grounds.

I am sure the total distance is less than 5 kilometers. Why? I finished my run at 22:25 which is way, way faster than my regular 5K time of 26-30 minutes. My estimate is that the route is only about 4 kilometers.

 Special thanks to the Dole employee who took this pic!

Photo ops followed after the run and I also got the opportunity to chat with former college schoolmates who are now Dole employees.

Congrats to Dole Stanfilco on its 43rd anniversary and for a successful fun run!

No comments:

Post a Comment