Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Road to My First Full Marathon

After giving it much thought, I finally decided to train for my first full marathon. When I started running a year ago, I never thought that one day I would aim to run for 42K. I always tell myself that with the limited time I have being a family man and a full-time employee, 10K would be the farthest distance I could run.

But after running a handful of 5Ks and 10Ks, and two half-marathon, I started thinking what if I would give running full marathon a try. Conquering two 21Ks gave me confidence and eliminated the limitations in my mind. I thought that If I could find the right training program which fits my busy schedule, then it's a GO!

Luckily I stumbled upon this marathon training program in the website runinginthefamily.com. Designed for runners with limited time to train, the program seems tailored-fit for me. It calls for only three runs a week, 2 regular runs and one long run a week. The regular runs ranged from 5-6 miles (8 to 9.6 kilometers) while the long runs ranged from 8-21 miles (12.8 to 33.6 kilometers)

The 16-week training is simply perfect for my first marathon target which is the Cebu Marathon scheduled on January 8, 2012 in Cebu City. My training officially started this week and my first regular run of 8 kilometers was done last Tuesday, September 19.

I would be posting updates of my training regularaly on this blog. So check out this blog often and follow me as I chase my dream of finishing my first full marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment