Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Photos: BCB Fun Run 2 (Malaybalay City)



It was another great day of running at the Bukidnon Cooperative Bank Fun Run 2 last Saturday, September 17, 2011 in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. I was with my wife Malou, my officemates with their respective spouses, and my usual running buddies. The run was held as part of the bank's anniversary celebration.


The run started before 6 AM and it was a good thing that the morning sky was a bit overcast. I ran 10k and  the route started at the BCB main office (near LTO), passed through Fortich Street highway and turning point was in Barangay Kalasungay (road junction going to Hernandez Farm).  It was mostly uphill in going up to the turning point then downhill in going back to the finish line.

The Philippine Army contingent with their stretching exercise before the run

10K runners

The BCB Fun Run 2 was a well-organized race. The souvenir shirts really looked good, the run started early and there are plenty of marshals along the route. Baller's ID were also given at the turning point. I noticed, however, that there are no more water stations along the way upon going back to the finish line. 


After the run, a raffle was held and then followed by the awarding of medals and cash prizes to over-all and age category winners. It was a big surprise as we found out that my wife won third place in the 5K female, 30-39 years old category.  It really made me us both happy as it was only recently that she got hooked in running and this was only the fifth race she has joined so far. 

 My wife receiving her 3rd place medal

As for myself, I failed in meeting my 10K goal of 1 hour or less. However I still felt great as I finished with my best 10K time of 1:03:56 (official time). It was an improvement from my previous  best time of 1:04:35 during the Kidney Run in Cagayan de Oro City last May 2011.

Looking forward to the next run!

No comments:

Post a Comment