Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Race Photos: 1st Impasug-ong Invitational Fun Run (Bukidnon)


The 1st Impasug-ong Invitational Fun Run, sponsored by the Impasug-ong Local Government Unit, was a well-organized run and I am sure most, if not all, of the participants had fun and went home satisfied. It was held last September 11, 2011 as part of the Araw ng Impasug-ong Celebration.



We arrived in Impasug-ong Plaza at around 5 AM. I was really impressed with how the place was developed and having visited most of the towns in Bukidnon, I could say that Impasug-ong has most beautiful plaza in the whole province.



After getting our race shirts from the organizers, we gathered at the plaza center where a short program was held. It was then followed by stretching exercises which warmed up the participants.



The race started promptly at 6 AM. 10K runners (including me) were the first to run and 5 minutes later the 5K runners followed. From the municipal plaza, the race route passed along the Old Atugan Road and I was really awed by the sights of mountains, ridges and canyon.



The first 2.5 kilometers are mostly downhill though the road is not paved all througout. After the 5K turning point we passed by two bridges then it was a tough uphill climb all the way to the 10K turning point.

 
Despite the challenging terrain, the awesome early morning view simply amazed me and I have to make some stops to take photos. To put it simply, it was the best route that I've run so far.






Slowed down by the tough uphill climb and taking photos along the way, I finished my run with a time of 1:09:26 (unofficial). Despite the slow time, I was satisfied with my run since I was able to conquer the tough route with only a few walk breaks along the way and I still have enough stamina to make a strong finish.


After the race, a raffle was held and prizes were awarded to the winners. Free snacks (boiled eggs and pancit) were also given to all runners and lots of bananas were also given as take-home.

Congratulations to the organizers for a job well done. I look forward to running in Impasug-ong again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment