Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Run for the Forests 2011: Challenging Trail, Spectacular Scenery


The 2011 Run for the Forests was successfully held last Sunday, June 26, in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. I joined the 12K event which started at 5:50 A.M in BLISS Covered Court, Airport Village, Casisang, Malaybalay City.


 Impasug-ong LGU employees stretching before the run

Participants from Davao City

Runners pray for strength and safety before the start of the race

The race route was very challenging with the unpaved trail going uphill  most of the way after NHA Phase 3 Annex Subdivision. The route passed by the RVM Retreat Center, DOLE Banana Plantation, headed straight to the road going to Sinaburan and then turned left to Del Monte pineapple plantation where the view is simply awesome!

 Unpaved road after NHA Phase 3 Annex Subdivision

Left turn to Del Monte pineapple fields

The road terrain went up-and-down up to the turning point but the spectacular scenery of pineapple fields with Bukidnon mountains in the background is so rewarding it made all the efforts worth it. 

 What a sight!

Pineapple fields and mountain view...

It is mostly downhill going back and the picturesque field I passed through may have energized me as I made a strong run to up the finish line. I finished my first 12K trail with an estimated time of 1:26 to 1:27. This is only an estimate since I got to switch on my stopwatch only at the 1.5 KM mark (hahaha!). I reached the finished line with 1:17 on my stopwatch and I just added 9-10 minutes for the first 1.5K where I was not able to timed my run.

Talaandig artist Waway Saway rendering his songs during the awarding ceremony

Job well done for the organizers! There are enough marshals to guide runners in the route and adequate water stations to keep us hydrated. 

 With my wife Malou at the finish line

Run for the Forests was another memorable run for me. I got my second finisher's medal and my wife also made her first 5K finish!

 My race certificate and finisher's medal

You may also want to view: 

No comments:

Post a Comment