Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My First 10K: The PDI 25th Anniversary Run in BGC, Taguig


The Philippine Daily Inquirer 25th Anniversary Run was held last February 27, 2011 at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. Dubbed as "25 for 25" the run was held not only to celebrate PDI's 25th year in business but also for the benefit of the Inquirer charities.

 I love this singlet!

We were fortunate to be in Manila during that time since our company sent us to the Real Estate Appraisal Program training/workshop in U.P. Diliman, Quezon City. With this opportunity, we were able to join the PDI 25th Anniversary Run.  

 Before the run

Free "taho" for runners

 It's Guyito!

A yoga session was held to warm up the participants before the start of the run

This is another memorable run for me since this is my first time to run 10K. To prepare for this race, we regulary run around the U.P. Diliman Academic Oval during the week that we stayed inside the campus. The practice runs did wonders as I was able to finish my first 10k without much difficulty. I was elated upon reaching the finish line, knowing that I could already run this far. I clocked in at 1:07:50 making me faster than 40% of runners in my category.

 Running to the finish line 

 I raised my arm in ecstasy upon finishing my first 10k run!

(Acknowledgement to my officemate Pabs Loveres for these two photos while I'm running)

With my running officemates

25 for 25 (PDI 25th Anniversary Run)
Bonifacio Global City
February 27, 2011
My Category: 10K
My Official Time: 1:07:50 (chip time)


Pros:
1. Nice singlet
2. Online Registration
3. Timing Chip
4. Yoga session before the run
5. Adequate marshals and water stations
6. Freebies (shoulder bag, Powerade, food supplements and MultiSport Magazine)

Cons:
1. Should have started earlier since the sun was already up high  in the middle of the run. 

 One final shot of BGC before we go...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment