Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

DXBU Back to School Fun Run

 (Photo of the race poster from Benjamin Maputi Jr.)

Exactly one week after I finished my first 21K run, I joined the DXBU Back to School Fun Run held at the Bukidnon State University (BSU), Malaybalay City last Saturday, June 18, 2011. I signed up for 10k in this run which was organized to support the construction of Special Education Center pathway and distribute school supplies to deserving students of the university.


21K runners at the Starting Line

Start and Finish Line is at the BSU north gate. Race route is along the national highway going to Barangay Casisang. Turning point for 10K is near the entrance road of Barroso Farm. Here's a photo of the race route courtesy of Vash Urban:


5K runners

The road terrain goes up and down from start to finish. The uphill portion passing along the Bukidnon Provincial Hospital up to Casisang Elementary School is really a long "killer stretch". I find the route more challenging than the Dinaganay sa Malaybalay run.

It was a good thing that there are water stations at the 2.5 kilometer and 5 kilometer marks. Some marshals also handed out water along the way. The organizers, spearheaded by Benjamin Maputi Jr., really did a great job in keeping the runners hydrated.

Because of the challenging route, I employed many walk breaks in my run. I managed to finish with a time of 1:07:01. It was a little bit faster than my first 10k run in BGC, Taguig which was 1:07:50. Considering the up-and-down race route, I am still satisfied with my time though I know I still have to improve my speed. 

More photos after the run:

DXBU Station Manager Romeo Lapeciros during the awarding ceremony


SPED students with their presentation

 10K finishers

No comments:

Post a Comment